Investec treats your privacy very seriously and we understand that you will wish to know how we will use the information we collect from or about you. Investec use your personal information in accordance with the following Data Protection Policy and will fully comply with all applicable UK data protection legislation.
1. What does Investec do with your information?
We may process, transfer and disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
- Providing you with services, managing your accounts and complying with your instructions
- Verifying your identity, taking credit decisions
- Detecting and preventing fraud
- Compliance with laws and public duties monitoring and/or recording our telephone calls and electronic transactions with you in order to accurately carry out your instructions, to assist in improving our services and in the interests of security and crime prevention
- Market research and providing you with information via mail, telephone or other means about any Group company's products or services from time to time; and
- analysis in order to assess and improve our business or the business of the Group and the services we offer
2. What about cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as providing you with information you have confirmed you are able to access, between visits.
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of our site and are essential for its operation and we recommend therefore that you leave them turned on. Should you choose not to accept cookies from our Site you will be unable to access it.
3. Will Investec pass your information on?
We will never sell, rent or trade your personal information to an outside company.
Your personal information may however be passed to and used by companies within the Investec Group of companies and our agents and sub-contractors who administer or process the information on our behalf. Please write to: Compliance Officer, Investec Asset Management Limited, 2 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7QP for an up to date list of the current members of the Group.
Investec is an international business with processing units based in many different geographical locations. As a result, we may transfer or process your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to such countries that may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom. In particular, your information may be processed in the USA and/or South Africa.
4. Access rights
You have a right to access the personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information Investec holds about you, you should write to: Compliance Officer, Investec Asset Management Limited, 2 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7QP. We will respond to you within 40 days of receipt of the request and we will charge the statutory rate for this service which at present is £10.
If there are any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you, please notify us of this in order that we may correct the information that we hold about you.
5. How to opt-out
If you do not want to receive information about any Group company's products or services please let us know. Please note that if you let us know but decide later that you do not want to receive any such information just let us know by telephoning us on 020 7597 1800 or by writing to: Investec Asset Management Limited, 2 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7QP.
If you have any comments or questions about our Data Protection Policy please telephone us on 020 7597 1800 or write to: Compliance Officer, Investec Asset Management Limited, 2 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7QP.