Investec Cautious Managed
- The strategy is a multi-asset strategy with International exposure. The strategy has a maximum equity exposure of 40%, also investing in bonds and other high quality fixed interest securities. The investment approach based on identifying out-of-favour stocks that exhibit attractive fundamental valuations.
- The strategy typically invests in South African equities, bonds, cash and property and also offers the South African investor exposure to international markets. Asset allocation is actively managed with a maximum equity exposure of 75%, with an emphasis on capital and income growth.
- The strategy typically invests in South African equities, bonds, cash and property and also offers the South African investor exposure to international markets. This strategy offers the prospect of highest potential returns over the long term, with moderate to high volatility. Asset allocation is actively managed with a biased towards equity (will vary between 35 and 75%), with the remainder in fixed income assets.
- The strategy aims to produce dependable, inflation-beating returns on a consistent basis, while minimising the possibility of negative returns. When making investment decisions the possibility of losing money is a more important consideration than the potential investment gain.
- The strategy has an absolute focus. In its equity component it focuses on two key criteria, first companies that have consistently provided shareholders with a return on equity in excess of its cost of capital. Secondly, companies in a healthy financial position that have not been rewarded by investors.
Investec TDI Balanced
- This is a multi-asset SRI strategy where we seek to take advantage of investment opportunities which benefit from an understanding of the risks and opportunities unique to the environmental, social and governance dynamics in the market.
- The fund invests in listed equities, debt, cash and unlisted assets such as infrastructure and private equity.
- The fund offers the prospect of attractive absolute returns with an appealing socially responsible character over the long term, with low to moderate volatility.
- The Investec TDi Fund targets returns well in excess of inflation, measured over three to five year periods. Asset allocation is flexible but will seek to have sensible exposure to both equity and fixed income assets. Given the Funds mandate a reasonable exposure to unlisted investments is provided for (up to 40% of the fund).