Investec Balanced Strategy
Why the Investec Balanced Strategy
- Investec Asset Management has a proven 20-year track record in managing multi-asset strategies through various market cycles
- A specialist approach providing investors with asset class diversification to deliver superior risk adjusted returns
- A globally integrated approach to investing, resulting in superior asset allocation and stock selection
- Implementing our best equity ideas with conviction creates the potential for outperformance
- Unique investment approach supported by a robust process
- We are able to provide a customised solution to meet client needs
- Managed by a highly experienced and stable team that leverages Investec Asset Management’s global investment capabilities and specialist strategies.
- Complies with all the prudential requirements, making it suitable for most retirement fund clients
The Investec Balanced Strategy can be used as a complete solution, offering investors with a moderate volatility profile, diversification across a range of asset classes.
The strategy targets returns ahead of inflation as well as returns in excess of its peer- group. Asset allocation is biased towards equity (50% - 75%), with the remainder in fixed income and property assets. International exposure is currently limited to 25%. Specialist components and customised benchmarks are available for segregated mandates.
The strategy focuses primarily on delivering absolute returns at acceptable levels of risk, while producing top-quartile returns relative to its peers in independent surveys.
Our investment philosophy focuses primarily on delivering excellent absolute returns on behalf of our clients, as we believe that a focus on doing the right thing on a medium term horizon will also result in excelling in relative terms, thereby delivering top quartile performance relative to the peer group.
We apply this multi-specialist approach in managing the Investec Balanced Strategy by leveraging off the combined wisdom of strong in-house specialist skills, while importantly at the same time retaining full focus and accountability with a dedicated portfolio manager.