The Investec Botswana Managed Fund aims to provide investors with long-term capital growth through a well-diversified portfolio. The Fund invests both in domestic and international equity and fixed-income markets.
This multi-asset Fund will appeal to investors who don’t want to actively manage their own asset allocation.
What are the benefits of investing in this fund?
- Excellent local and global diversification opportunities within one integrated portfolio.
- Specialist skills across all asset classes.
- An actively managed portfolio and flexible investment style.
- Local and global investment teams with immense depth and expertise.
- Strong focus on long-term capital growth.
- Complies with Botswana retirement fund regulations, making it suitable for most retirement fund client.
The Investec Botswana Managed Fund has a moderate risk profile.
The Investec Botswana Managed Fund invests in a mix of assets such as equities, listed property, bonds and cash. The Fund also invests in offshore assets, providing further diversification opportunities. The portfolio managers take an active approach to asset allocation, seeking to balance the opportunity for wealth accumulation against the risk of capital loss.
Risk profile: Moderate
Minimum lump sum investment: P10 000
Income distribution: March and September
Portfolio manager: Rüdiger Naumann
Launch date: 8 June 2009
Who should invest?
- Investors who have a moderate risk profile with a medium- to long-term investment horizon.
- Investors who don’t want to actively manage their own asset allocation.
- Investors who have more than five years left until retirement.
- Investors requiring exposure to equity and fixed-income markets.
- Investors wanting a balanced exposure with growth opportunities.
- Retirement funds.
How to invest
You can download an application form easily online. Click here for more information.
All information and opinions provided are of a general nature and are not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. We are not acting and do not purport to act in any way as an adviser or in a fiduciary capacity. No one should act upon such information or opinion without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of a particular situation. We endeavour to provide accurate and timely information but we make no representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to the correctness, accuracy or completeness of the information and opinions. We do not undertake to update, modify or amend the information on a frequent basis or to advise any person if such information subsequently becomes inaccurate. Any representation or opinion is provided for information purposes only. The prospectus of this fund may be acquired free of charge, from Investec Fund Managers Botswana (Pty) Limited, Unit 5, Plot 64511, Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana. The value of this investment may go down as well as up and the return on the investment will therefore necessarily be variable. Neither past experience nor the current situation are necessarily accurate guides to the future. Investec Fund Managers Botswana is regulated by the Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority. The TER shows the percentage of the average Net Asset Value of the portfolio that was incurred as charges, levies and fees relating to the management of the portfolio. A higher TER ratio does not necessarily imply poor return, nor does a low TER imply a good return. The current TER can not be regarded as an indication of the future TERs.