The views expressed are as at the date of publication and may no longer be current.
Today, the question of why Africa matters is not up for debate. However, the question that does remain – for US business leaders and investors – is how to navigate the opportunity set. With 54 countries, 29 stock markets, 15 bond markets and an expanding universe of public and private businesses, investors have a growing number of avenues through which to participate in the continent’s transformation.
This publication highlights ways in which US-African engagement can be deepened, and consists of both proprietary research and perspectives from global business and political leaders. Featuring contributions by:
- Johan Steyn: Managing Director, Middle East and Africa, Cargill
- Nik Nesbitt: General Manager, East Africa, IBM
- Dr. Christo Wiese: Chairman Pepkor, Non-Executive Chairman of Shoprite Holdings
- Mark Pittman: Senior Managing Director, Allstate Investments
- Jay Ireland: President and Chief Executive Officer of General Electric Africa
- Alan Davies: Chief Executive Diamonds and Minerals, Rio Tinto
- Kola Karim: Chief Executive Officer, Shoreline Energy International
- Mimi Alemayehou: Executive Advisor and Chair of Blackstone Africa Infrastructure
- Fred Hochberg: President and Chairman, US Export-Import Bank
- Donald Gips: Senior Counselor, Albright Stonebridge Group and Former US Ambassador to South Africa
- Nicky Newton-King: Chief Executive Officer, Johannesburg Stock Exchange